You should learn the key indicators that you need an engine repair.
Taking care of your car is like anything else; the better you maintain it, the better it will work for you. Give us a call at Capital City Auto Repair if you’re in need of engine repair. Below we’ve listed a few key indicators that will help you recognize that your engine isn’t working correctly.
- The most obvious sign is if your check engine light turns on.
- If you notice a lot of smoke from your exhaust, there is most likely a problem with your engine.
- If you are good about periodically measuring how well your car is doing on gas mileage, you’ll notice a significant decrease in how many miles per gallon your car is able to get.
- Issues with stalling or sputtering are also a sure sign that engine repair is necessary
- Leaking fluid is another indication that the engine needs some help.
If you need engine repair and you’re in the Raleigh, North Carolina area, just bring your car in, and we’ll get to work right away figuring out how to fix it. After doing a thorough evaluation, we’ll chat with you about what we’ve found and the recommendations we have for repairs and part replacements. It’s your car, and we want you to feel well-informed about how it is currently running and how you can improve its efficiency. Many parts of a car are meant to be replaced regularly. If you stay on top of those simple, routine replacements, you’ll enjoy a smooth ride and a car that lasts a long time. If you avoid bringing your car into the shop until you have serious problems, then you’ll also be paying for more expensive fixes.